Thursday, December 22, 2016

Paper grocery bag art


I wanted to make some Christmas stockings out of paper - I decided to use Trader Joe's grocery bags as a base. I cut open the bags and started layering on paint.


For the backs of the stockings I used a single color brayered on to the bag.


I was really pleased with how the paper bags took the paint. I may just always work on paper bags from now on.


Then stitching the pieces together with a sewing machine - so quick and easy! I used the bag handles, trimmed down, for the loop on the top side of the stockings. Then there was left over paper so I made some mini stockings to stuff with salted caramels and give away.

I really liked some snippets from the paintings, which make great wallpaper for the computer or phone.













2 comments:

  1. Dear Leah thanks so much for sharing this process.
    Your paper stockings were so beautiful, bright and happy!
    I missed your posts.
    A great New Year celebration for you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete